As you know, November is all about giving thanks. While the Placer Title Company team is grateful for our customers and colleagues every day, we thought we’d focus this blog on something else many of us appreciate…pets!
That’s right, pets have always been beloved members of families across California and around the country, but these furry friends are now factoring into real estate decisions more than ever. When people are looking for new or different homes, there are many dreams they want to fulfill. You may be asked about the number of rooms, the neighborhood or the backyard, but according to a survey by the National Association of Realtors (NAR), 43 percent of households would be willing to move to better accommodate their pets.
According to the NAR survey, 81% consider themselves animal lovers. Animals are more than pets; to many, these furry creatures are important members of their families and finding the right home with the right features for these creatures is just as important as finding a dream home for the humans.
For example, families consider the following:
- 49% of home buyers consider a fenced yard important.
- 27% want their home to be big enough for family and furry friends.
- 24% are concerned with pet-friendly flooring when looking for a new home.
- 75% of millennials say they would pass on a home, no matter how good it is, if it didn’t meet the needs of their pets.
- Almost 30% of “young millennials” said they picked their neighborhood with their pet in mind, according to NAR’s 2021 trends report.
- In two 2021 surveys about 20% of respondents said they would bring their pet to a house showing and the same amount said they had passed on home for a pet-related reason.
All of these findings point to one thing: pets – and the availability of pet amenities – are more important than ever in a home search. If you’re a Realtor, be ready to talk about animals and even consider putting related information in your listing.
Finally, when you’re ready for an expert to handle the title escrow process, your trusted Placer Title team wants to be the guard dog you need to protect your transaction. Contact us today!